Friday, January 13, 2012

Old Man Winters Arrival

Well, we were wondering if he was coming or not . . . and here he is.
The girls are not enjoying his arrival. 
My little herb garden is protected just enough from the chilly wind from the west
that I was able to cut rosemary and thyme to put in my roast right after I snapped this picture.
The Spring of 2011 was the start of our first beehives.
Two to be exact. Which they did so very well that we were able to create a third hive.
But, I sort of neglected them this late fall because I was not sure what to do with them.
Needless to say we now have two hives again, probably because I didn't feed them when I should have.
Now they are fed, so let them survive this winter, please!
There is so much to learn in the fascinating world of bees.
News update from the sewing room:
 I have almost completed my Dad's birthday gift.
Excited to post pictures very soon of that project.

1 comment:

  1. All great shots, but the girls with cabin fever is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete